Monday, August 9, 2010

Armenian Night Skies

This week we witnessed the peak of the Annual Perseid Meteor Shower. I decided to drive up Mt Aragats to where there is little to no light pollution in an attempt to photograph this event. Although I saw some very cool "shooting stars" and between the hours of 0300 and 0530 I witnessed over 100 of them, it seem that no matter how I moved my camera or pointed my lens I would always choose the newly inactive part of the sky. The two pictures below are the only two meteors I managed photograph.

(click on the photos to view larger files, this will also make it easyer to see the Meteors)

Just after we arrived we had a huge Thunderstorm that dumped loads of rain. I decided to open the door to our balcony and from inside our study try to capture the lightening.



This is a picture I took while we were climbing/camping in Hells Canyon a few weekends ago.

1 comment:

  1. They are cool pictures!! I especially like the lightening ones!!

    ReplyDelete